What is Vitamin C ?
Vitamin C, or ascorbic acid, is a water-soluble vitamin. It is not produce by the body. That is why you need to implement food in your diet that contains it or/and supplement. Vitamin C help the body to support a normal and strong immune system. In addition to being a vital nutrient for your health, Vitamin C helps the body to produce collagen. Which is well needed for a healthy skin, cartilage, nerves, muscle tissue…
Recommended amount : For a men, it is recommend to take daily about 90 mg. For a women 75 mg (can increase during pregnancy and lactation at 125mg). To be sure, If you are taking more or would like to increase the recommend amount, please ask medical advise.
Some of the benefits of Vitamin C ?
- Support a strong immune system. Indeed, Vitamin C will increase the production of white blood cells, which help the body fights an infection. Antioxidants is a major part of Vitamin C, which will fight against free radicals and oxidative stress.
- It can help reduce your risk of chronic disease. In fact, studies have found that Antioxidant can help fight oxidative stress, which is linked to many chronic illnesses. Particularly by getting your daily intake of Vitamin C and antioxidants daily, you will help your body to strengthen its immune support.
- Helps prevent Iron deficiency. By consuming it daily, it will improve the absorption level of Iron in your body. This is especially important for women that usually are Iron deficient.
- Can help manage high blood pressure. The studies have shown that taking vitamin C daily can reduced systolic blood pressure. In fact, it was shown that it helped relax the blood vessels that carry blood from the heart (however it was a studies on animals)
Where can I get some ?
You can mostly find Vitamin C in raw fruits and vegetables. However, with the soils poor in nutrients, it is important to supplement daily. You will find a list of fruits and vegetables rich of it right below.
- Acerola cherries (822 mg per 50gr)
- Rose hips (242 mg per 100gr)
- Chili peppers (242 mg per 100gr)
- Guavas (228mg per 100gr)
- Sweet Yellow pepper (183 mg per 100gr)
- Thyme (160 mg per 100gr)
- All citrus fruits (grapefruits, lemons, oranges, …)
- Leafy greens (spinach, kale …)
- Brussel Sprout
Try our Absorbent-C to bring your body everything that it needs ! Made with natural ingredients to bring you the best that nature can give.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.Advice is for information only and should not replace medical care. Please check with you GP before trying any remedies.
+ Sources : https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/318600.php – https://www.myfooddata.com/articles/vegetables-high-in-protein.php- https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/vitamin-c-benefits#1.-May-reduce-your-risk-of-chronic-disease – https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/219352#what_is_vitamin_C_and_why_do_we_need_it
Having a passion for nature and herbal medicine, it is quite natural that I became a vendor of forever products after my encounter with aloe vera which helped me a lot to find the health and well-being that ensues. The purpose of this blog is to share my research and my experiences about nutrition and the use of the natural products of Forever brand.